About the Snow Farm
The Snow Farm NZ is owned and operated by the Pisa Alpine Charitable Trust (PACT) and is operated on Queenstown Lakes District Council land. It is the only non-profit ski area in the Southern Lakes region.
Founded in 1986 by Mary and John Lee, the Snow Farm was the first Cross Country area in New Zealand. Originally called the Waiorau Nordic Ski Area, the name was later changed to reflect the farming heritage of the property. Waiorau was the name that Ngai Tahu gave to the area, translated it means the place of over one hundred waters.
Terrain and Trails
- 55km of trails groomed for both skating and classic.
- 24km of Snow Shoe trail.
- Snow Fun Zone including 150m tubing/sledding hill.
- 40% Beginner trail
- 20% Intermediate trail
- 40% Advanced trail
- Base Elevation: 1520m (4990ft) above sea level.
- Highest point: Mt Pisa 1965m (6445ft) above sea level.
- Season: late June – late September
- Opening Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm daily
- Ski School
- Snow rental and repair workshop
- Snow Fun Zone
- Snow Shop
- 2 backcountry huts
- 8 lane biathlon range