Please read carefully before accepting
General Terms and Conditions
- In these Trail Pass Terms and Conditions, the following words have the following meaning:
- “Snow Farm” means Snow Farm NZ Ltd.
- Snow Farm is operated and located in New Zealand.
- The name that will appear on your receipt will be Snow Farm NZ.
- The period of operation for Snow Farm winter season is nominally 18 June 2016 – 02 October 2016. The duration of the seasons will be subject to snow, weather and market conditions and may vary from the above dates as a result. Snow Farm offers no warranty in respect of the season opening, duration of the season, operating days and/or the number of trails and facilities operating on any day or time.
- All prices quoted on this website are in New Zealand dollars and are valid at the time of printing but subject to change without notice. Rates include GST. All transactions are billed in New Zealand dollars.
- Purchasers of a Snow Farm pass will be deemed to have accepted the following Terms and Conditions.
- Adult is defined as aged 18-64 years.
- Senior is defined as aged 65+ years.
- Child is defined as aged 6-17 years or still attending secondary school.
- Children aged 5 or under are entitled to free skiing at Snow Farm
- Student means a campus based student “studying full time” with an Australasian tertiary institution. We define “studying full time” as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks in a calendar year). Current photo ID in English with a valid expiry date issued from the Australasian tertiary institution and an original letter from that institution confirming full time study status must be shown.
- Family comprises 2 parents & 2 children (aged 6-17yrs) immediate family only; children must still be attending school.
Season Pass Terms and Conditions
- Carry your pass at all times. If a Pass holder has forgotten their Season pass, a replacement card can be issued at the mountain ticket office.
- A lost or stolen pass must be reported to Snow Farm immediately.
- Passes are non-transferable. It may only be used by the person whose name appear on the pass. Fraudulent use of your Season pass will result in confiscation of the pass and prosecution of all parties involved.
- Your pass can not be used for commercial purposes without the consent of Snow Farm.
- Snow Farm Season passes are non-refundable. However, refunds will be considered on medical grounds only, when supported by a doctor’s certificate. Refund applications must be in writing with supporting documentation. The basis of any refund will be determined by the usage of the Season pass and is at the absolute discretion of Snow Farm. Snow Farm reserves the right to apply any processing charges for refund applications.
- Locals pass is only available to residents of Wanaka, Queenstown, Cromwell and Alexandra and all towns and regions in between, Snow Farm NZ Ltd requires proof of residence in the area.
- Snow Farm Season passes will be available for collection at Snow Farm on commencement of 2016 winter season.
Instalment Payments Season Pass Terms & Conditions
- By selecting to make payment by the instalment option, the customer agrees to pay each in instalment on our before due date by internet banking or cheque.
- An administration fee of $20 will be added to instalment payment that is late.
- Season Passes are non-refundable from the date of the first payment. However, refunds will be considered on medical grounds only.
- Season Passes will not be issued or available for collection until full payment of all instalments has been received.
- Installment schedule is the following:
- Instalment 1 – due 31st March 2016
- Instalment 2 – due 29th April 2016
- Instalment 3 – due 31st May 2016
Terms and Conditions relating to all users of Snow Farm passes
- All users of Snow Farm must carry a valid pass which will be issued on arrival to Snow Farm.
- All users of Snow Farm must not trespass on to SHPG test track. Passes will be confiscated with no refund and user will face trespass prosecution.
- All pass holders at Snow Farm must abide by the snow user’s responsibility code. Misconduct will result in withdrawal or suspension of pass privileges. Misconduct also covers unsocial behavior and terms expressed or implied at the resort.
- Passes remain the property of Snow Farm.
- The pass holder uses the resort at his/her own risk.
- The pass holder assumes all risk of personal injury and property loss or damage.
- Passes are deemed to be personal to the original purchaser/user and are non-transferable.
- Passes are non-resalable, non-transferable & non-refundable.
- Snow Farm will not accept responsibility for lost or stolen passes.
- The pass holder agrees to the rules, regulations and directions as expressed or implied by Snow Farm.
- Any breach of the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the pass by the user may result in the withdrawal of the pass and all associated privileges.
- Any person who uses or attempts to use the facilities at Snow Farm without a valid and lawful pass and without reasonable excuse will be subject to:
- Prosecution and/or
- Requirement to purchase a valid trail pass for that day and/or
- A penalty of $150 and/or a Trespass notice preventing further access to the resort and all other ski areas in the Southern Lakes region for a period of 2 years.
Snow Farm skier safety
Please note the snow farm operates cross-country skiing on private land. On the adjoining area is a commercial vehicle testing facility operating 24 hours a day during the winter. At all times skiers must stay with in the boundaries of the ski area and it is the skier’s responsibility to determine these boundaries. The boundaries are clearly marked. Southern Hemisphere Proving Ground have the right to prosecute skiers willfully disobeying the boundary signs.
Security for transmission of payment card data
Snow Farm uses secure off site payment website that users are redirected to DPS Payment Express. All sensitive information is encrypted with the 3DES protocol, using financial Hardware Security Modules.
Bookit.com uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all personal information preventing it from being read during transmission over the Internet.
Snow Farm will not collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it. Personal information will never be released to a third party without your consent.
Snow Farm will use information provided by its visitors only to communicate with them. Any information automatically retrieved, will be used so that no individual visitors are identified.
This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights
I understand and expressly agree to the fact that skiing and related activities are hazardous including, without limitation, the risks of personal injury and/or death or property damage which could occur from these activities and the risks of loading, uneven terrain, collisions with natural, man-made and other objects or persons, and all of the other risks that are included in participation in outdoor activities in a mountain environment. I realize that injuries do occur in these sports and that, by my signature below (or agreeing that I have read this document on the website application), I voluntarily assume all risks of any injury or death resulting from my participation in this activity and agree to follow all posted and verbal instructions. I also agree to remain alert and act in a careful and prudent manner at all times to safeguard myself and others as much as possible.
I understand and agree that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of these activities. I have made a voluntary choice to participate in skiing and related activities myself or allow my child or children to do so despite the risks they present. In consideration of Snow Farm NZ making skiing and related activities available to me and/or my child or children, I expressly agree that I freely accept and voluntarily assume all risks of personal injury or death or property damage for myself and child or children and fully release Snow Farm NZ Ltd and its agents, employees, directors, officers, and volunteers from any and all liability for personal injury, death or property damage which results in any way from me or my child or children’s participation in these activities, including any caused by negligence, conditions on or about the premises and facilities or the operations of the area including, but not limited to, grooming, snow making, lift operations while loading or unloading, other snowboarders or skiers any other activities related to skiing and skiing and accept myself the full responsibility for any and all such damages or injury of any kind which may result to me or my child or children. Minors in addition, the undersigned parent/guardian signing below represents to Snow Farm NZ Ltd that they have the authority to enter into this contract on behalf of said minor or minors and on behalf of any other parent or guardian of said minor or minors and agrees to defend and indemnify and hold harmless Snow Farm NZ Ltd from any and all claims arising from this contract brought on behalf of said minor or minors or any other parent/guardian thereof, even if caused by negligence and even after the minor or minors has attained majority, or from third parties injured by the minor or minors, and hold Snow Farm NZ Ltd it’s representatives, agents, affiliates, officers, directors, servants, volunteers, and employees harmless from any such claim, legal action, harm, injury, damages or loss to person and/or property.
I, the undersigned, have read and understand, the terms of the above full release from liability and indemnity agreement and I am signing it freely and of my own accord, realizing it is binding upon me, my heirs, assigns and in the event I am signing it on behalf of any minors, that I have full authority to do so realizing its binding effect on them as well as me. In exchange for, and in consideration of Snow Farm NZ Ltd making the area available to me and my child or children for participation in the activities of skiing or skiing in its’ various forms, I contractually agree that any and all disputes between myself and Snow Farm NZ Ltd, arising from skiing and/or participating in skiing or tubing and including any claims for personal injury and/or death, will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. If any part of this agreement is deemed unenforceable, the remainder shall be an enforceable contract
Between the parties:
I am aware that this contract is legally binding and that by accepting below I am releasing my legal rights as well as those of any minor for whom I am accepting. I also agree by accepting to and will comply with all signs, notices, and authorities at Snow Farm NZ Ltd and agree that all Snow Farm NZ Ltd management decisions are final.
Snow Farm, Cardrona Valley Road . RD1, Wanaka . New Zealand
T: + 64 (0) 3 443 7542
email@example.com . www.snowfarmnz.com